I do mean skimpy: short and revealing. I am merely referring to my dream… or am I?
I had a conversation with my therapist about our plans of moving. However, we actually don’t do anything about it so she suggested that I just make a decision, even if it means staying put. She also said that decisions or even moves don’t have to be permanent. It means that even if we do decide to move to the Philippines, it can be temporary to see how it goes. Once I decided that we could actually move even for six months, with the plan on how to work around my work and my boss, I had a dream that I was back in the island (Alabat, Quezon) where I was born. In my dream, I was going to take a shower but I forgot something so I got out of the shower wearing only a bikini bottom. I wasn’t embarrassed at all that I was walking naked. The people stared at me incredulously, shaking their heads, saying, “Foreigners!”
Yes, in my dream, I was a foreigner in my own home town, walking around naked.
Since it’s the first dream I remembered in over three months, I had to check out the meaning. I use an app called ‘Dream Moods‘.
Here are a few things of my dream that I thought were significant:
- Dream Moods: “Fear of being found out and exposed over your activities. You feel that you are being misjudged.”
- Me: I actually have no idea what activities I fear people will find out and I don’t know why I feel that I am being misjudged.
- Dream Moods: “Signifies a situation that has created a loss of respect for you. Alternatively, it symbolizes some aspect of yourself that is private. If you are not bothered by being in your underwear (as in the case of my dream), then it suggests that you are ready to reveal or expose something that was previously hidden.”
- Me: “What? What am I ready to reveal?”
- Dream Moods: “To dream that you are taking a shower in clear, fresh water symbolizes spiritual or physical renewal and forgiveness. You are washing the burdens out of your life.”
- Me: “Okay, I know I hadn’t quite started taking a shower so maybe this doesn’t apply. But, I like it.”
The dream had other parts but for the purpose of this post, they are not relevant.
I wonder if my subconscious or unconscious was whispering something significant to me in my sleep. The other possibility is that Mikey invaded my dreamland so skillfully.
(Do watch the video to understand why I think my dream had nothing to do with me except that I think the meaning of my dream is that I cannot go back as I will end up being a foreigner in my original home.)
Why would he not? He managed to get fantastic reactions and Speedo International sent him a personalized Speedo. 🙂
Note: Dream was real. I did have that dream and I remembered it when I woke up the following morning after watching Mikey’s ‘Despacito’ parody video for the first time. I just was living a zombie life then and writing evaded me… or I made excuses to avoid writing.