Inspired by Dr. Martina Feyzrakhmanova / her post, September Planning Session, I have decided to follow her footsteps and also be accountable and share with you what I want to accomplish by December 2017. I am counting the whole of December, by the way.
Oh, I am a list person for as long as I can remember. I love ticking the items once completed. It also makes me feel that I have control and there is order.
Here’s my list:
- Finish reading four (4) of the nine (9) books on my bedside table.
- “Four in the Morning” by local South African author, Phillipa Mitchell
- Stephen King’s, “On Writing” (finally!), since I need to give myself some new knowledge
- Danielle Steel’s classic, “To Love Again”, because I need to remind myself how romance or love story is written.
- “Maybe This Love” by Jennifer Snow, purely to learn how others write romance
- Complete NaNoWriMo (no quitting mid way or any way!)
- Write a romance for my Christmas (short) story
- Write at least one (1) ACCA exam in December
- Release of “Cinderella Reimagined”, a collaborative project with fellow writer, Theresa Barker. It is an anthology of short stories written by 12 authors. This is already on the last stages of publishing. AND, launch the printed edition in South Africa via Skoobs, Montecasino.
- Healthy eating (more fruits and vegetables, less fast food and pizza)
I’d really like to include “re-catalogue, this time properly so I don’t have to re-do it for the 10th time, all my photos” but that’s like setting up myself for a fall so let me think about it… for next year. If only I could find someone equally obsessive like me to rename all pics so that I can easily find what I’m looking for. And maybe take them out of sub-folders. Sigh!
On a more personal side, I have been contemplating on saying goodbye to my long hair, or some of it. I haven’t managed to convince myself to let go but perhaps, I can compromise by December… The question is: to which style or length?