Getting back up the saddle after a fall is anything but effortless. It is daunting. It has been a whole month since I last wrote a blog post. I have a lot I want to share but my disorganized mind has me confused and I am left paralyzed, ignorant of what, where and how to start. Thus, I decided to provide feedback on my ‘Road to year end 2017‘ post.
Before I proceed though, let me say I am very sorry for my absence. I apologize for my lack of professionalism. I was a woman possessed by an unknown entity. That, for now, is my story and I am sticking to it. 🙂 I have missed you all!
Going back to my road to year end, how did I fare?
1) I did read all four books I aimed to finish. I should have read Stephen King’s ‘On Writing’ when I bought it. It would have spared me an unnecessary experience… Having read the other three books, I am confident about my dream of publishing.
2) I completed NaNoWriMo and loved it! It might have exhausted me as I could not write anything after November although there was still a lot to write to complete the first draft of the novel. The important thing is that I proved to myself that I am capable of writing everyday and meeting a goal. I loved the whole process and I will definitely do it again next year. I will have to work on completing the first draft and then I will attend to the restructuring of the novel and the first edit.
3) I failed my goal to write a romance for my Christmas (short) story. I have no excuse. I actually did not write anything new this month (December).
4) I did not write an exam for my ACCA qualification. It was simply a non-priority.
5) Release of CINDERELLA REIMAGINED! Yes, we did it! We published our first anthology and the book is now available on Amazon. Your support, as always, will be greatly appreciated. The book is CINDERELLA REIMAGINED: An Anthology of Cinderella Retellings. It is currently on sale for its introductory price of $8.99 in the U.S.A. It is also available in Europe, including the United Kingdom.
6) I am not sure about my goal to eat healthy food; I think I did just fine. I had someone cooking/catering for me and my family on a weekly basis. Her Filipino home-cooking is definitely better than fast-food. I got sick again before Christmas and I am only starting to feel better now so I am determined to continue working on this, even if I only drink the minimum quantity of water and eat fruits; the vegetables can follow.
I did start re-cataloguing but it really is not worth mentioning so backspace…
I still hope to do a review of my 2017 but in case it happens after the 1st of January 2018, and I don’t want to miss greeting you all, I wish you all a ball as you welcome 2018! May the new year be better than the old year!
Much love and hugs,
P.S. As you can see, I finally said goodbye to my long hair. 🙂