We did it! We actually released our anthology this month. We missed our in-time-for-Christmas target but it is out. CINDERELLA REIMAGINED: An Anthology of Cinderella Retellings is available on Amazon, USA, UK and Europe.
Do you sometimes feel you are living a Cinderella life? Maybe there is a little Cinderella in all of us. Even your favorite guy best friend may have his happily ever after, Cinderella style.
Don’t take your shoe shopping routine for granted. You never know who might be there to help you try on your new perfect pair, a pair that may not be just ordinary shoes. A glass slipper could be magical or perhaps one left behind in need of a little TLC. Remember, magic dwells in the most unexpected places.
And do let some step-sisters surprise you. They are not all ugly. After all, Cinderella is one, too.
Most importantly, don’t let Cinderella fool you into believing that she is a pushover or a damsel in distress.
Cinderella Reimagined is an anthology of Cinderella retellings, consisting of fourteen short stories written by a group of authors who took on the challenge of giving the classic folk tale a modern twist. Opening with a short poem, the book is an enjoyable easy read, with stories told from various perspectives. Most importantly, Cinderella becomes anything but the classic fairy tale princess we have known.
This collection is for readers who are looking for a feel-good and fun book.
Some of you may be familiar with the project. At the end of last year / beginning of this year, my amazing collaborator, Theresa J. Barker, and I invited you to join in the fun and write your own Cinderella story. The book is the reward we, authors who participated, now hold. We ask you to extend your support and get your copy of this fun and feel-good read.
The Poem / Stories and Authors
1) Inner Cinderella, by Meenakshi Sethi
2) Ella and the Rock Star, by Sascha Darlington
3) Just Another Lost Slipper, by Theresa J. Barker
4) Just Deserts, Ronel Janse van Vuuren
5) The Tribulations of James the Second, by Liz Kellebrew
6) City of Magic, by Anna Jailene Aguilar (yours truly)
7) The Chariot’s Chagrin, by Nausheen Athar
8) Cinderella and her Diamond Heels, Amanda M. Eifert
9) Borrowed Bounces, by Bianca Greyvenstein
10) Drizella, Cinderella’s Stepsister: My Story, by Edith Follansbee
11) A Kingdom for a Shoe, by Sunny Lanning
12) Lights, by Ronel Janse van Vuuren
13) Cinderfella, by Grace Burleson Smith
14) Little Rich Girl, by Theresa J. Barker
15) The Perfect Pair, by Anna Jailene Aguilar (yours truly)
From me and on behalf of my fellow authors and writers, thank you very much!